Saturday, April 4, 2009

First round of work

Here's the first round of work I had on the server. Any pertinent comments are welcome.

Below is a style test I did just to see where the look of my project is most likely heading, starting with something less complex than an interior shot. I'm going for a Golden Book / 50's Modern look. I may add some boats in the foreground, but since this is "extra" work it won't be my priority. I probably will make some slight value adjustments to push the whites more towards the atmosphere color.
And below are some possible camera angles of Lee Chong's Grocery.These are created to give me an idea about general placement of props and set objects, and an idea of where the action could be taking place on screen. They are not intended to answer all my design questions or any questions about lighting.

I forgot to put something in that represents a human scale to other viewers, but I intended the counter to be just above Lee Chong's waist.

From outside, seeing into shop.
Overhead view looking towards counter. Behind counter is liquor shelf, and windows/door.
Over the shoulder view from doorway.
Elevated view of counter from side. Lee Chong & customer action in lower right third.
Lower view of same, except tops of shelves are visible heading towards wall. I may need to zoom out/ move the camera down to show some of the floor in front of the counter.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pat Marconett said...

I really like the your style comp. My only suggestion is to gradate the value on your peer columns to indicate their shape a tiny bit, but still keep the graphic shape. & add 2nd planes on your telephone poles so it had the same depth as your buildings have. you might also texture the water. -pat

April 5, 2009 at 1:10 AM  
Blogger Micah A. Sibert said...

Thanks Pat, good suggestions.

April 5, 2009 at 3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home