Thursday, April 9, 2009

Round one

Hey Everyone,

I was wondering if I could get some feedback on stylistic choices and color. I decided to go for a more nostalgic feel by combining influence from both Will Eisner and Earl Oliver Hurst. Below is a style test I did a few weeks back (rather quickly, although I've edited some things that Micah and others suggested):


and here is the first shot in Doc's lab. I just now realized that I didn't include the linework example, but if anyone wants to see it just let me know. It's still roughly colored, but I was especially wondering if the colors are working in this layout? I have difficulty balancing saturated and unsaturated color, I've noticed.
Also, I realize that layouts shouldn't have characters, but I'm doing the rest of my layouts without characters, and then adding them in on a separate layer.
I just think it's so much more interesting with a person, though. :3

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

1 Comments:

Blogger rebbaz royee said...

hey ashley,

these are coming along, i like your color studies and think that you should follow the 1st or 2nd thumbnail instead. the values in them are better because of the change. your current large comp has a very flat back ground.

i would also like to see a 3rd plane. it feels like foreground and background, no middle.

keep it up!

April 9, 2009 at 4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home